1. Protecting and preserving the rights and privileges of religious minorities globally.
2. Discussing LGBTQ rights in terms of Islamic religious laws.
The United Nations Human Rights Council is an inter-governmental body which is responsible for the
promotion and protection of all human rights around the globe. It meets at the UN Office at Geneva
and constitutes of 47 members elected on a regional basis for a term of three years.
1. Cybersecurity and protection against Cyber Warfare with special emphasis on non-state actors.
2. Combating proliferation of chemical and biological weapons with emphasis on the risk of acquisition by non-state actors.
The Disarmament and International Security Committee deals with disarmament, global challenges and threats to peace affecting international community and seeks out solutions to the challenges in the international security regime. It considers the general principles of cooperation in the maintenance of international peace and security.
1. Considering the creation of a legal framework to eradicate modern slavery.
2. Examining the applicability of the Geneva Convention and other international legal protocols to the treatment of civilians and non-uniformed combatants.
The UNGA (Legal) is the primary forum for the consideration of legal questions in the General Assembly especially for the consideration of international law. It also has the authorisation to elaborate new treaties on the widest range of issues, to adopt them, and to recommend them to states for their subsequent signature, ratification or accession.
1. Discussing ways to increase cooperation between the United Nations and regional and sub regional organizations in maintaining international peace and security.
2. Ways to promote and strengthen the rule of law in the maintenance of international peace and security.
The United Nations Security Council has the primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security. It takes the lead in determining the existence of a threat to the peace and calls upon the parties to a dispute to settle it by peaceful means and recommends methods of adjustment or terms of settlement. It can also resort to imposing sanctions or authorize use of force.
1. To address taxation challenges in the current digital economy with a special emphasis on multilateralism.
2. To discuss digital disruption in financial markets with a special emphasis on the emergence of cryptocurrencies.
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is an international organisation that works to build better policies for better lives. There are 36 member countries that work in cooperation with one another to identify challenges facing world economy, discuss and analyse them and promote policies to solve them.
1. Discussing the disinvestment policy of the government with emphasis to the fiscal targets.
2. Reviewing the effectiveness of Reservation Policy.
The All India Political Parties Meet is a political forum for effective debate and deliberations. This forum is especially important and useful when a policy making action is anticipated and it requires in depth discussions. In such a situation, the AIPPM provides a solace in the form of a Committee wherein in-depth consultations can occur.
Note - Agendas will be released 15 days prior to the conference.
The Continuous Crisis Committee simulates real life political problems in the most appropriate manner to provide an experience that's as close to reality as it gets. Every action or statement that a Delegate makes effects the situation at hand as well. Additionally, crises can be affected by events taking place in the real world as well.
The International Press is simply put, the eyes and the ears of any United Nations Conference. They report every single thing that takes place in the committees in a fair and objective manner to provide an unbiased and objective viewpoint to anyone who wishes to know what happened in a conference.The role of the International Press is crucial in ensuring that the outside world gets to know what happened in these forums as they form one of the links to communicate information with the people.